Here 5 favourites from the past week.
- The chili plants on my balcony. It took ages (as in: 2 months) for the plants to make an appearance, another 7 weeks to actually blossom and a further 4 weeks to have tiny chilies. Now that they’ve grown to a decent size, I’m happy!
- This marble cake with chocolate frosting. I really wanted to bake something, and this cake is super simple. I have to be honest though – the dough is more dense than when prepared with eggs. There are a ton of super yummy vegan cake recipes out there, but you just cannot replicate the consistency of a cake made with eggs. Cupcakes, yes – certain cakes, not so much.
- This Golden Glow juice I found on sale at Woolies. I don’t actually like pears and only bought it because of the spices added, but this juice was delicious and I’d be happily buying it again.
- I made an Asian salad and it was delicious. Recipe coming soon.
- The Asian supermarket I visited – I love love love how vegan-friendly they are and bought so much there, including different seasonings, tofu, miso paste and noodles.